What Is This All About ?

The writers gathered here have adopted one of the 48 lions that appeared in "The Lions Of Lyon" series on the writing blog Shameless Words. By adopting a lion, the writers have become a member of this new writing circle. The lions have been posted in the sidebars of the writers' individual blogs, accompanied by a poem or piece of prose. Of course, it is hoped that the strength, luck and prestige of these mighty beasts will rub off on their owners! (Keep scrolling down to see the full listings of all members and their lions).

The Members Of The Circle

 
There are 48 members in total. For complete details of individual members, and photos of their lions, keep scrolling down !

Lion 1 (Bucephalus): Canterbury Soul at Doors Left Open.
Lion 2 (not yet named) : Eric at Scattered Chatter.
Lion 3 (Tirso) : exskindiver at Skin Diving.
Lion 4 (Simha) : Deepthi at Locution.
Lion 5 (Kashgar) : Absolute Vanilla at Absolute Vanilla... (&Atyllah).
Lion 6 (Eugene) : Seamus at Shameless Words.
Lion 7 (Pareto) : KGT at When I Wax.
Lion 8 (Blue) : Roberta at Turn the Page.
Lion 9 (Zaccharias) : Remiman at Under The Microscope.
Lion 10 (Cheshire) : Neil at Neil Hester.
Lion 11 (Elliot) : Colleen at Loose Leaf Notes.
Lion 12 (Leah) : Ms.Mephistopheles at Think Of The Devil And Her Horns Appear.
Lion 13 (Vermillion) : Apprentice at My Gap Year.
Lion 14 (Leonardo) : Sognatrice at Bleeding Espresso.
Lion 15 (Endelyn) : Verilion at A Wanderer In Paris.
Lion 16 (Kaleidoscope) : Shelli at Shelli's Sentiments.
Lion 17 (Leon The Lion) : Pure Sunshine at Virtual Crossroads.
Lion 18 (Alexander) : Vesper at Chick With A Quill.
Lion 19 (Florian) : Catherine at Still Standing On Her Head.
Lion 20 (Barbarossa) : Frank at Books Inq.
Lion 21 (Lorenza) : LMN at Failed Painter.
Lion 22 (Caradoc) : Clare at Keeper Of The Snails.
Lion 23 (Baz Lyon) : Derek at TypingSpace.
Lion 24 (Johnny Cash) : Jessica at Jessica Schneider.
Lion 25 (Azubuike) : Jamaican Dawta at Life, Unscripted, On The Rock.
Lion 26 (Cardamom) : Jon at Writing In A Vacuum.
Lion 27 (Raga) : Cailleach at Barbara's Bleeuugh!
Lion 28 (Mr Mellow Yellow) : Susan at Writing Passions.
Lion 29 (Bragi) : Minx at The Inner Minx.
Lion 30 (Roary) : Bonnie at Words From A Wordsmith.
Lion 31 (Louis) : Dewey at The Hidden Side Of A Leaf.
Lion 32 (HM Arthur Winston) : WA at The Unending Journey of the Wandering Author.
Lion 33 (Zion) : Jill at Wordsmith Extraordinaire.
Lion 34 (Nin) : The Bluest Butterfly at A Virtual Hobby Store And Coffee Shop.
Lion 35 (Heart Of Oak) : Wilf at Wilf's World.
Lion 36 (Ari) : Lo at Terminal Chaosity.
Lion 37 (Alfie) : Sarah at Sarah's Writing Journal.
Lion 38 (Homer) : Meloney at Meloney Lemon.
Lion 39 (Lucidus Keen) : LJCohen at Once In A Blue Muse : A Poet's Journal.
Lion 40 (Durgapriya) : Durga at The Outsider.
Lion 41 (Aloysius the hidden) : Julie Carter at Carter's Little Pill.
Lion 42 (Viaggiatore) : Wanderlust Scarlett at from the shores of introspect and retrospect.
Lion 43 (Shimshon) : Debi at Debi Alper.
Lion 44 (Kauri) : Chief Biscuit at As It Happens.
Lion 45 (Ecanus) : Kat at Kat's Random Thoughts.
Lion 46 (Artheo) : Rob at Image & Verse Too.
Lion 47 (Odin) : Nothingman at A Story A Day.
Lion 48 (Ghufran) : Pearl at Humanyms.

Is there a mistake in your listing? Send an email to Seamus, the tamer of the lions at: seak@caramail.com

THE FULL LIST OF LIONS, THEIR OWNERS AND THEIR BLOGS ARE LISTED BELOW.

© Copyright, 2007. All members of the writing circle hold the copyright of their written material featured on this blog.

39 comments:

L.M.Noonan said...

Bloody Hell Seamus!
You know I want to be in the club-BUT, I can't write on demand.
****(translation: string of profanities)
Can I be- club mascot?
And if number 21 is left over- as I have a feeling it might be; can it be mine? I should like to call her Lorenza.
Ciao bello

S. Kearney said...

LMN,
21 is yours! Feel free to post it to your blog. I'm sure you'll be able to find some little verse to put up alongside it! Take your time:) Welcome to the circle.

L.M.Noonan said...

I blushed when I read your description, you did more than just kiss that blarney stone.
PS we've got 3 cats, all born in on the Persian rug in our living room- different litters, think that qualifies us as cat lovers too.

S. Kearney said...

LMN, I just knew you would be a cat person! Yes, you will take care of your lion then.

Unknown said...

I echo that bloody hell. I want to join too but I've flown the coop and gone back to Novapulse. Can I be a nonblogging member of the club? Or is it exclusive, she asked, sharpening her talons...

Anonymous said...

let mine be known as Bucephalus! the poem/prose will come real soon.

S. Kearney said...

CS,
Excellent! Bucephalus it is, which I will google tout de suite! :)

L.M.Noonan said...

I'm so jealous of that name Bucephalus!
I considered Marmaduke-but...
Welcome Deepthi.
And Seamus, I know you won't believe me BUT Eugene-not the name, the lion; was the other one I seriously considered. Aesthetically he appealed to me the most, but I chose Lorenza because she has a saddle. Say no more.

L.M.Noonan said...

couldn't wait for the scimitar to fall, decided to cut my own throat. 48 bloody words!

S. Kearney said...

Excellent LMN, I will paste your poem over soonest ... re almost choosing the same lion, great minds etc etc :) Wonderful. You made a good choice though! Saddle brings up lots of symbols.

S. Kearney said...

Just a little technical update - every member now has their own post, to enable personal comments from readers.

The Moon Topples said...

Shameless: I have named my lion, sort of. He is called Nameless Lion. I'll add his to my site and pop up some verse in the next couple of days...

Anonymous said...

Can I have 22 please, Shameless? He is beautiful, magnificent and strong - quite an inspiration.

If I'm given permission to adopt I shall name him and write about him then...

Think this is wonderful idea BTW.

S. Kearney said...

Maht, great, I shall update your entry here. Nameless and shameless. Wonderful.

Clare,
Yes, 22 is another of my favourites. I left a message over on my main blog to say that yes, I hereby announce that lion 22 is now in your loving care. Your details will be added below later today. Welcome .. nice to have you on board. :)

Thy said...

thanks! i had no idea i was accepted :D

S. Kearney said...

Hi Me, I mean, Hi you, I mean Me, yes you've been accepted ... official announcement was over at Shameless Words. Welcome! :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Just wanted to let you know that my lion has asked to be called Leonardo, and his photo and verses will be up this weekend (if all goes well).

S. Kearney said...

Excellent Sognatrice! :) I will add his name straight away. Looking forward to the verses.

Pallav said...

Thanks for the cool looking lion man!

A short poem is up at my blog.

Thanks once again, its been my desire to keep a lion as a pet :) :)

N

S. Kearney said...

Wonderful stuff Nothingman. I'm putting up your entry on this blog soon. Good to have you with us! :)

Thy said...

whooot. 10 more!

Jon M said...

Hi Seamus,

Lion 26 installed and called
Cardamom, The Mane Man.

S. Kearney said...

Excellent, Jon ... great name! Your listing will be updated with a review of your blog soon. :)

Jon M said...

Cardamom.
At first he looks flimsy
All peacock colours and no substance
Blank white and lines and curves
And letters that mean nothing

Look closer

The names of the world
Are writ large on his hide
And in some its fate
Perhaps
Or its fault.

Poor lion to carry such a burden.

gautami tripathy said...

I have posted my lion on the sidebar. Yet to name him and write something worthy for him. I can't think of any name other than Simba! Not too original. I will think of something in a day or two and post it on my blog!!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Please may I have #30, Seamus? I'm sure his name is Roary, and I've already written a "poem" of sorts in his honor, posted on two of my blogs: Bonnie's Books and Words from a Wordsmith. I know my little ditty is not worthy of such a magnificent lion, but it just seemed appropriate when I studied the "screaming" faces below his feet and felt the power of his roar. I've been enjoying him since I found him this morning, and I do so hope you'll let me adopt him.

Andi said...

I have named my lion....the one with all the spikes...Nin.

If you know about popular music, you may get the reference. :-)

gautami tripathy said...

I named my lion err lioness, LEOLA!

Wrote 48 words for her too!

Check out Leola

or

http://firmlyrooted.blogspot.com/2007/06/leola.html

unarex said...

My Lion is Johnny Cash.

Here is his poem (go me who didn't think I could write a word on command).

Johnny Cash Blues

No one loved Mr. Johnny Cash.
He wasn’t flashy as they might be.
Forty-eighth picked, he was the very last
Selected. O what sad a lion once was he!

He thinks: “Better not to dwell on such a thing.
Sure all can roar but only few can sing.”


Line breakage messy!

'they' in line 2 should be in italics, as well as the last 2 lines that are in quotes for a total of 6 lines.

Merci Seamus

unarex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanderlust Scarlett said...

We are complete! HOORAY!!!
Welcome Jessica and Johnny, congratulations!

Now!!! Onto the next steps...


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Rob Kistner said...

Dew, of the blog “The Hidden Side of a Leaf”, made the suggestion of a group building exercise for the Shameless Lions Writing Circle. He left it on my Image & Verse blog. I think it is a great idea!

He also suggested an evolving story as an excellent way to do it.

I think as soon as the lion's beauty pageant, and writing contest is complete -- we should pursue this group-building story.

Maybe we follow what might be a logical flow, and start the story by Seamus contributing the starting paragraph (no more than 3-4 sentences) — then Seamus passes to Lion #1.

Then beginning with lion #1 through lion #48, in numerical order — each lion, through its owner, will contribute a 3-4 sentence paragraph building the story until it is 48 paragraphs long.

Each lion should endeavor to pass the story along as quickly as possible — but it might be wise to put a 2-3 day time limit for each lion to add its paragraph.

The building story should be monitored by Seamus, or one of the lions, to keep it moving — and displayed on the Shameless Lions Writing Circle blog.

Debi said...

Yikes, Shamey. Just tried to put Shimshon on sidebar but he doesn't want to go! (Bloody stubborn, these lions.)

Can you give me an idea how to do it? I have a weird version of Blogger that still uses html for template so don't know how to get the image in.

S. Kearney said...

Debi,
I can only tell you if it's the new blogger ... with a helpful button already set up for pics in sidebars. The photo gets downsized as well. Do you have the beta version. Can Minx or someone techny help? :)

Anonymous said...

Shameless, thanks for the very warm welcome. I feel at home already :)

My lion's name is Azubuike, which means "Your past is your strength". I've also written my poem, which is up on my site.

Fragmentos Betty Martins said...

Shameless _____ very beautiful. is the words that I obtain to say_____ very beautiful!




Kiss

Shilpa Colluru said...

Thank You so much Shameless!
My Lion's name is Leah
The verse should be up in a days time! :)

Athena said...

HELLO , i am a lion from Christchurch, New Zealand. My beloved Lions fell off their podiums and crashed to their demise in our big earthquake in February. I am a writer who would like o be a Lion too...how do you become one?
Athena the Lion xx

house cleaner salt lake said...

That is one heck of s story. Thanks for sharing.