What Is This All About ?

The writers gathered here have adopted one of the 48 lions that appeared in "The Lions Of Lyon" series on the writing blog Shameless Words. By adopting a lion, the writers have become a member of this new writing circle. The lions have been posted in the sidebars of the writers' individual blogs, accompanied by a poem or piece of prose. Of course, it is hoped that the strength, luck and prestige of these mighty beasts will rub off on their owners! (Keep scrolling down to see the full listings of all members and their lions).

Lion 16 - Shelli's Sentiments


Lion 16:

Kaleidoscope.

Artist behind the lion:

Frédérique Poizat (French designer, visual artist).

Adoptive Writer:

Shelli at Shelli's Sentiments.

Blog Description:

This is a very professional looking site, with great graphics and words to match. There are striking images and a wide variety of subjects are covered. As well as being a mother and wife, Shelli says: "I am a nurse to all the kids I see when I work at the pediatric clinic near my home. I am a blogger. I am a writer when I am not blogging. I am a cross stitcher when I am not blogging or writing. I am a very amateur sculpter when I am not blogging, writing or cross stitching. If there is anytime left after all those pursuits, I use it to sleep, read or exercise.

Poem or piece of prose inspired by the lion:

I roared, “I am Kaleidoscope!”
He said, “I am Joseph.”
Joseph was a thing of beauty, majesty and power. We talked about our responsibilities and we came to an understanding, man & beast. Before he left, he passed his beautiful coat over me and blessed me with its colors.


The original, longer version:

One day as I was walking over the land, surveying my kingdom, I encountered a man called Joseph. I introduced myself, “I, the king of this land, am Kaleidoscope!” He, too, was a thing of beauty and majesty, surely he must be as powerful as I. We talked about our responsibilities and duties, as regal creatures will do. We came to a great understanding between us, man and beast. As we prepared to go our separate ways, he passed his beautiful coat over me as if to bless me with it’s colors. The next time I looked in the reflective water, I realized he had done just that.

2 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Shelli, I really like the idea that Joseph's coat of many colors distributed these colorful bits across Kaleidoscope's hide. Such a beautiful lion, too.

By the way, Seamus needs you to come up with something not over 48 words so you will be eligible for his contest.

Shelli said...

Sorry that I took so long getting you the revised entry for the contest...here it is:

I roared, “I am Kaleidoscope!”
He said, “I am Joseph.”
Joseph was a thing of beauty, majesty and power. We talked about our responsibilities and we came to an understanding, man and beast. Before left, he passed his beautiful coat over me and blessed me with its colors.